County Emergency Notifications
via CodeRED System
|406 Craven Street
New Bern, NC 28560
|Director: Stanley L. Kite
|Phone: (252) 636-6608
Fax: (252) 636-6655
What is CodeRED®?
CodeRED® is a web-based Mass Notification System that enables Emergency Services to make time-sensitive announcements in a rapid, reliable, manner via voice, email and text messaging. CodeRED® allows us to provide Emergency Notification to the residents of Craven County for emergencies that would be an imminent threat to life and or property such as Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Floods, Hazardous Materials and Biological Emergencies. Craven County transitioned to CodeRED® from DeltAlert on April 22, 2013 due to company acquisition and merger.
Instructions for Sign-Up
If you were signed up previously thru DeltAlert, please click the Login option and verify your information. All previous DeltAlert accounts were to be transferred to the new CodeRED® system. If you have never signed up for mass notifications with Craven County Emergency Services and desire to do so, please provide the information requested.
- Select above link: Sign-up for County Emergency Alert Notifications thru CodeRED®
- Fill in "Location Details" about the address to be monitored.
- Fill in the "Contact Information" requested.
- Select the "Alert Type" you would like to receive throught CodeRED®.
- Complete the "Account Creation" by providing an email address and a password of your choosing which meets the minimum requirements. This email address and password will become your logiin, enabling you to make changes to your account.
- Click the Continue button.
- You should receive a verification screen containing the informaiton you have entered, along with a "star" marking the location of the address to be monitored. You may change entries by clicking the "Edit" button on the category needing a correction.
- After all entries are correct, click the Submit button.
If all entries meet the requirements you should receive a "Congratulations" confirmation screen with additional information. There is also a CodeRED® Mobile Alert app available.
Contact Emergency Services at (252) 636-6608 if you need assistance.
Search Craven Website
The Craven 300th Website Lives On!
The year of celebration marking Craven County’s 300th Anniversary is coming to an end, but the website is not. As we move forward into the next 100 years, it will be used to share information gathered during 2012 and to help further the knowledge of citizens and visitors about the county. Please continue to visit the site to view ongoing developments.