Animal Control Supervisor: Trinity Smith
Phone: (252) 637-4606
Fax: (252) 633-0925
All animals deserve caring and humane treatment by their owners. Both local and state laws help to ensure animals are handled humanely. Strict regulations apply to situations such as:
- The provision of adequate food and water for any animal;
- Adequate shelter to protect from the extremes of weather;
- Sanitary conditions to protect the animal's health;
- Treating the animal in a manner which does not subject it to pain, suffering or death;
- And, not confining the animal in a motor vehicle during times of extreme heat or cold.
Other regulations apply. If you witness or suspect any inhumane treatment, please do not hesitate to report it immediately.
Search Craven Website
The Craven 300th Website Lives On!
The year of celebration marking Craven County’s 300th Anniversary is coming to an end, but the website is not. As we move forward into the next 100 years, it will be used to share information gathered during 2012 and to help further the knowledge of citizens and visitors about the county. Please continue to visit the site to view ongoing developments.